Thursday, January 1, 2009

Another Year, Another... $1.39?



Well here we are in 2009, and we have rolled right into it. Some of us are working, some of us are hung over and some of us are laughing at the ones hung over. :^)


On a nice point for the everyday consumer (but not the big oil companies, OPEC, IMF or the Fed, for that matter), I saw a gallon of gas advertised at $1.39 a gallon at multiple pit stops around town. Amazing isn't it? Two months ago there were lines for fuel with people waiting for close to an hour to fill up their vehicles (and every container they could get their hands on) with prices nearing $4.75 a gallon.

I can actually fill up my Focus for less then 15 bucks!!! Nice...

Maybe now some more folks will take to the road and actually do some traveling to take in some of the great scenery of this awesome country. I know I look forward to it.

I went to visit Florida for the holiday break. It was an enjoyable time seeing my family and soaking up the near 80 degree December weather... :^) Life is tough huh?

In all actuality, it had been a really long time since I did any leisurely traveling, and it had just happened to coincide with the drop in fuel prices. That made for a fairly inexpensive trip and one we could take more often.

Happy New Year to all. Make your own happiness, regardless of what this world wants to dish out.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment